Need help or advice?
In every life situation you find yourself in in the Czech Republic, you can turn to someone who will help you solve the situation, advise you or confirm that you are doing the right thing.
- Integration centers - SPRÁVA UPRCHLICKÝCH ZAŘÍZENÍ MV (integracnicentra.cz)
Integration centers are here for foreigners, they have branches in every region and offer the same basic services everywhere for free: social and legal counseling, information center (computer with wifi, library, etc.) Czech language courses and social and cultural orientation courses in the Czech Republic.
- Non-profit organizations - https://www.cizinci.cz/web/cz/nestatni-neziskove-organizace-nno-
There are many non-profit organizations in the Czech Republic that focus on helping and supporting foreigners. Contacts for individual organizations and their focus can be found in the Directory of Organizations and Institutions on this website.
- Information hotline by MoI - Ministry of Interior information hotline - Ministerstvo vnitra České republiky (mvcr.cz)
You can contact the Ministry of the Interior's Information hotline with questions regarding your stay (only after you have not found the answer to your question even after studying the information for foreigners on the Ministry of Interior's website).
- Assistance services for foreigners at OAMP
At selected workplaces of the Department of Asylum and Migration Policy of the Ministry of the Interior (OAMP), non-profit organizations and Integration Centers provide assistance services for foreigners (including interpreting).
- Interpreting from and into Czech and translations - Interpreting and translations (cizinci.cz)
For interpreting from and into Czech, you can use the services of trained professionals for communication with foreigners, court interpreters, interpreting by phone and e-mail. Specific information in the Interpreting and Translations tab on this website.
- Assistance infoline in Ukrainian, Vietnamese and Mongolian - https://www.charita.cz/jak-pomahame/doma/integrace-cizincu/infolinky-pro-cizince/
Basic advice in these languages, as well as assistance with filling out forms and interpreting by phone, is provided by telephone and e-mail, which is anonymous and charged according to the operator's tariff.
The ombudsman protects against unlawful acts of the authorities or inactivity of the authorities, also protects against discrimination (e.g. due to nationality), etc.